The Lord Howe Island Board is seeking quotes from contractors to undertake weed eradication work on Lord Howe Island.
Quotes are sought for on-ground teams to complete grid searching, as well as specialised rope teams for locations requiring rope access.
The required work is physically demanding, and successful applicants must have an exceptionally high level of fitness to undertake this role. Work sites vary and include remote locations, rugged terrain, dense vegetation, and elevation. All applicants must be competent and comfortable undertaking work in these conditions.
Contract teams may be allocated specific weed management blocks to complete, or they may be tasked to work alongside local teams (employees and/or volunteers).
Contracts will be available for ongoing periodic work commencing January 2023 with a minimum commitment of 3 weeks, pending the availability of accommodation.
To be considered for this opportunity, please provide a brief response to the following points:
- Name of business
- Contact Detail & Address
- GST registered (Y/N)
- Insurances (Public Liability/Accident/Work Cover)
- Experience in the application of herbicides
- Rope access or work positioning certification and experience (if relevant)
- Hourly rate: Supervisor, Team Member, Work Positioning, Twin Rope
- Team size and dates of availability
- Provide name of team leader and other staff members
- Brief Scope of business, including a summary of relevant credentials and experience in bush regeneration and/or rope access.
For more information regarding the program, please visit the LHIB website: https://www.lhib.nsw.gov.au/environment/environmental-programs/weed-era… For additional enquiries, please contact Nicola Fuller, A/Team Leader – Flora and Weeds at email@example.com or on 6563 2066 (ext. 42).
Chief Executive Officer