Meeting frequency and attendance
The Board meets a minimum of four times a year. The Board will meet in Open Session on the following dates (dates may be subject to change) at the Lord Howe Island Community Hall:
- 7 December 2022
- 1 March 2023
- 10 May 2023
- 23 August 2023
- 6 December 2023
Community members are invited to attend the open session of the Board meeting. All Board matters are discussed and determined in open session except for the following:
- staff and industrial matters
- commercial matters
- personal affairs of private individuals
- possible or pending litigation
Code of meeting practice
The Board has adopted a Code of Meeting Practice prescribing standards and procedures for Board meetings.
The Board recognises that in certain circumstances it may be impractical or impossible to consider all appropriate matters at open Board meetings. Examples of such matters may include:
- Issues of an urgent and pressing nature where no formal meeting can be arranged within the timeframe required.
- Issues of a minor nature which, in the interests of customer service and/or administrative expediency, should not be delayed pending discussion at a formal meeting.
The Board has established procedures for dealing with such matters and will review these procedures to ensure that they are adequate and appropriate. Where it is necessary to determine issues out of session, the Board will ensure that the public is appropriately informed of decisions reached.