Open Day 2023 Photography Competition – Email Us Your Shots For The Chance To Win Incredible Prizes
In the spirit of celebrating our community and LHI’s unique environment, this photography competition aims to capture the vibrant spirit and majestic hidden treasures of our World Heritage-listed paradise.
The photo competition is open from Monday, 18 September to 11:59pm on Monday, 2 October, with two categories to enter your shots into:
- Hidden Gems of Lord Howe: From secluded beaches to secret trails, we want you to share the lesser-known spots on LHI that hold a special place in your heart.
- Capture the Community: What does it mean to you to be a proud Lord Howe Islander? Capture a moment that represents the essence of our community. Whether it's a spontaneous gathering, a warm smile, or a shared moment of unity, your photograph should show the past, present, or future story of our unique Island community.
How do I enter?
Email your most exceptional photo/s to [email protected] by 11:59pm on Monday, 2 October. You can enter a maximum of four photos into each category.
Please indicate which category the photo/s relate to in your email. Provide a short description of the photo and where it was captured.
A judging panel will select one winner and one highly commended prize for both categories. The winners will be announced and photos unveiled on Open Day from 12pm. If you are a prize-winner, you will be contacted by email as confirmation.
See the Open Day Photography Terms and Conditions below for more competition rules.
What’s up for grabs?
Four prize packs are on offer, filled with gifts and vouchers kindly donated by local businesses. These include:
- A massage voucher from Iyara Spa
- A grazing platter from Love Lord Howe, valued at $110
- A bar voucher for The Brewery, valued at $100
- And much more!
But wait - there’s more freebies!
Every entrant to O-Day will receive a raffle ticket to go into the draw to win a $200 dining voucher for Driftwood Bar & Restaurant. The raffle will be drawn at 12pm - you’ll have to be there to claim your prize!
Open Day will take place on Wednesday, 4 October from 10am-12pm at the Community Hall.
We extend a huge thank you to each of our generous prize donators.
Terms and Conditions
- The Open Day Photo Competition is open to any persons based in Australia who have visited Lord Howe Island in the last 3 years or have been a resident on the Island. Both amateur and professional photographers may enter.
- The photograph must be taken in the last 3 years on Lord Howe Island.
- There is no entry fee for this competition.
- There is no age limit on entering. For participants under 18 years of age parent or guardian consent is required (please note this in your email when you submit your photo/s).
- Entrants must be emailed to Lea Ohlback, Lord Howe Island Board. Entries submitted other ways may not be considered.
- Files are to be JPEG or PNG. If the size of your file is too large to attach, please send a download link through Google Drive, WeTransfer, DropBox, etc. Maximum 20 MB size. The Lord Howe Island Board reserves the right to request a higher-res file if the submitted file does not meet quality requirements.
- You grant Lord Howe Island Board a licence to use the image on our website, social media channels, promotional materials, online or in-print media at any time in the future.
- If Lord Howe Island Board uses any images through website, social media, publications, or any other channel, the photographer will be credited.
- By submitting photos that include identifiable faces, you and all parties consent to have your face shown and shared in public materials.
- All photographs must be taken safely. When taking photographs, you must not put any person or property at risk of harm or damage.
- You must not upload or send any content which might disturb or damage the Lord Howe Island Board’s email cyber system or reputation.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence regarding any decision of the judging panel will be entered into.