The Lord Howe Island Board provides and maintains visitor facilities in public open spaces for the use and enjoyment by visitors and residents.
These visitor facilities include:
- BBQ / picnic areas at Ned's Beach, Old Settlement, North Bay, The Pines, the Aquatic Club, the Playground and Cobby's Corner. Most BBQ's are wood fired although there are gas BBQ's at North Bay and Ned's Beach
- Public toilets at the Public Hall, Ned's Beach, Old Settlement, North Bay and the Playground
- The LHI playground with swings and climbing equipment
- A swimming pontoon located at The Pines; and
- Bike racks at numerous locations around the island.