Local Environmental Plan
The LEP makes reference to maps deposited in the office of the Board. These maps are available for public access.
The LEP was gazetted on 12 March 2010, and repeals the Lord Howe Island REP 2005.
Minor update of the LEP - Stage 1 – Planning Proposal
All About Planning Pty Ltd have prepared a planning proposal on behalf of the Lord Howe Island Board (the Board) to seek various minor amendments to the existing Lord Howe Island Local Environmental Plan 2010 (LEP 2010). The proposal has received a Gateway Determination from the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment and will be placed on public exhibition.
The Planning Proposal identifies a number of areas where the LEP 2010 could be improved to be clearer, better reflect existing land uses and respond to community needs on the island.
The purpose of this Planning Proposal is to undertake the following amendments to LEP 2010:
- Deletion of the current dual occupancy restriction related to occupation by family members only
- Update reference to the LHI Vegetation Rehabilitation Plan, to remove a date reference
- New clause requiring consideration of impacts of development that is in the vicinity of a heritage item
- Four amendments related to definitions and associated LEP zoning provisions
- Addition of two exempt development provisions, being for roof mounted solar energy systems and chicken pens/foul and poultry houses
- Addition of Recreation Area and Boatsheds as a permissible use in Zone 7 – Environment Protection and associated LEP references, including modification of the boatshed definition to acknowledge existing community and private boatshed uses
- Eight site specific re-zonings and associated zone map changes
As part of the Gateway Determination process we are inviting feedback on the Stage 1 Planning Proposal.
You can view the planning proposal and find out more at:
- Lord Howe Island Board Administration Office, Bowker Avenue, Lord Howe Island
- NSW Government LEP’s online system.
- Board Paper adopting stage 1 planning proposal
Closing date for submissions is Thursday 19th November 2020.
Submissions should be made to the Lord Howe Island Board and must include:
- your name
- your address (top of the letter only)
- the name of the planning proposal
- a statement on whether you support or object to the planning proposal and why.
All submissions received will be made public in line with the department’s objective to promote an open and transparent planning system. If you want the department to delete your personal information before publication, please make this clear at the top of your letter.