The forum is the result of collaboration between the LHI Community Development Group, the LHI Tourism Association, the Bank of I.D.E.A.S and the LHI Board and will be held from Monday 30th April until Friday 4th May 2012.
The forum objectives include:
- Create an international networking experience for leaders and community builders from small island communities;
- Identify and share experiences regarding development challenges and opportunities for small island communities and economies;
- Showcase best practice regarding small island community and business life;
- Create an opportunity for Lord Howe Island to host a special event during the tourist shoulder period; and,
- Provide a unique experience for Lord Howe Islanders to interact and share with residents of other islands.
Planning for the event is well under way and attracting interest from individuals and groups from around the globe. The ASIF website will soon go live and provide information and details on this great event.