The works involve:
- Structural works to removal of the column in front of the QantasLink desk to improve access.
- Changes to the internal toilets to create access to the external café deck and new customs area;
- Creation of an internal café where customs was located;
- Creation of new Customs office for processing of international flights;
- Creation of a new office space for administration and refueling.
- Improvements to Qantaslink storage areas; and
- Installation of new Qantaslink check-in counter
The structural works inside the Terminal are almost complete. Last Friday the new cafe, which has been relocated into the terminal building, opened for the first time. Works on the customs area and new office will also be completed. In the next few weeks new flooring will be installed.
The new check-in counter, to be supplied by Qantaslink, will be installed when it arrives on the island and associated electrical works completed. LHIB apologises for any inconvenience during these works but believes the works will greatly enhance the amenity and operations of the airport terminal.