The Board is inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from LHI leaseholders who are interested in installing Private Grid Connected Solar Panel systems on their lease before 30 June 2016.
The LHIB is offering to allocate a combined total of 4.2 kilowatts (kW) of Solar PV generation capacity. This will enable the leaseholder to apply and obtain Development Consent to connect a Private Solar Panel System to the LHI Electricity Network. To be allocated an option to install a system as part of this process, applicants will need to comply with the requirements of the EOI document. The EOI document is available below or hard copies are available at the Board’s office. Selected EOI Applicants will be placed on the Solar PV Allocation Panel.
The rules of the application process include:
- At 2pm on Thursday 5th November 2015, the Board will be open to receive written and hand delivered applications. No applications will be accepted before this time.
- Anyone not able to be in attendance on the Island on the day and wishing to lodge an application, should notify the Board in writing or email at least 1 week before the applications are due, and ensure that they have a proxy able to submit on their behalf in accordance with the above requirement.
- Allocations would be a minimum of 1.5kW and a maximum of 3kW per applicant, depending on the number of applicants. If there was 1 applicant, 3kW would be allocated to them and the remaining 1.2kW would be unallocated. If there were 3 applicants, 1.5kW each would be allocated. If there were 4 applicants, the 4th in line after 2pm would miss out on the allocation.
- Allocations need to be for a specific lot and building and are not transferable.
- Those who already have an allocation of private solar panels are not permitted to apply for this allocation.
There are no further planned private solar panels in the future.
Please note that interested leaseholders do not need to have purchased a system, or selected a supplier or decided on a system design or size to respond to this EOI process. By responding they will commit to pursue the installation of Private Grid Connected Solar Panels.
Completed EOI Forms are to be submitted to the LHIB office by either:
Email : email@example.com
Fax: 02 6563 2127
By hand: LHIB Administration Office, Bowker Ave., Lord Howe Island.
For further information please contact Andrew Logan, Manager Infrastructure & Engineering Services at the Board’s Administration Office. Ph: 02 6563 2066.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Date: 20 October 2015
Download: Expression of Interest Document (PDF 426 KB)
Download: Renewable Energy System Grid Tie Inverter Network Connection Agreement (PDF 735 KB)