The Board meets on the Island on a quarterly basis. The Board will meet in Open Session on the following dates at the Lord Howe Island Community Hall:
- 20 March 2018
- 29 May 2018
- 18 September 2018
- 20 November 2018
Community members are invited to attend the open session of the Board meeting. All Board matters are discussed and determined in Open Session excepting the following:
- Staff and industrial matters including salaries, appointments, negotiations, awards, performance management and personnel matters concerning particular individuals.
- Commercial matters including information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the Board is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business including evaluation and acceptance of tenders, commercial information of a confidential nature that would, if disclosed prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it, or confer a commercial advantage on a competitor of the Board, or reveal a trade secret, privileged commercial information, tenders, etc.
- Personal affairs of private individuals including information relating to the personal or financial circumstances of any person or information which would, if disclosed, represent an invasion of the personal privacy of any person.
- Possible or pending litigation including advice concerning litigation, or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the ground of legal professional privilege and information that would, if disclosed, prejudice the maintenance of law.
- Financial affairs of the board including budgetary and other financial reports, debtors, and the like, other than those financial statements, reports and similar documents which the Board is required to publish or make available including annual reports, annual financial statements, etc.