The Board meets on the Island on a quarterly basis. The Board will meet in Open Session on the following dates (dates may be subject to change) at the Lord Howe Island Community Hall:
- 22 April 2021
- June 2021 - Postponed - Date to be advised
- 7 September 2021
- 7 December 2021
Community members are invited to attend the open session of the Board meeting. All Board matters are discussed and determined in Open Session excepting the following:
- Staff and industrial matters including salaries, appointments, negotiations, awards, performance management and personnel matters concerning particular individuals.
- Commercial matters including information that would, if disclosed, confer a commercial advantage on a person with whom the Board is conducting (or proposes to conduct) business including evaluation and acceptance of tenders, commercial information of a confidential nature that would, if disclosed prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it, or confer a commercial advantage on a competitor of the Board, or reveal a trade secret, privileged commercial information, tenders, etc.
- Personal affairs of private individuals including information relating to the personal or financial circumstances of any person or information which would, if disclosed, represent an invasion of the personal privacy of any person.
- Possible or pending litigation including advice concerning litigation, or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the ground of legal professional privilege and information that would, if disclosed, prejudice the maintenance of law.