Date of Decision on Application:
30 April 2012
- Evidence that the Lord Howe Island Act 1952 gives the Board various powers and authorities, including the power to open and close roads to public traffic or use (what part of the Lord Howe Island Act 1953 and the Roads Act 1993 or any other legislation indicates this).
- Evidence that the Lord Howe Island Board is not required to maintain, protect, or repair all road reserves (unformed, formed, or otherwise) (what part of the Lord Howe Island Act 1953 and the Roads Act 1993 or any other legislation indicates this).
- The Boards approval of Cameron's DA on portion 173 in July 2000 (with the proposed driveway shown on the plans) for the destruction of some native vegetation in order that the dwelling and driveway be constructed (there is no approval for subsequent destruction in later years as per GIPA results Ref: GI0009).
- Any legislation or Act reference which gives power to the Lord Howe Island Board to allow unauthorised planting of native vegetation on a public road reserve (the planting is presumably unauthorised as the authorisation document is unable to be identified - quote page 2 of your GIPA response, LHIB Ref: GI0009, 27 March 2012) thus blocking my access.
- The status of the Public Road Reserve when it was constructed in 1928 and after the Lord Howe Island Act was introduced in 1953.
- Survey plans of portion 78 (my lease) leases to William Marlin in 1928 which encompasses Portion 173 and 174 and the vegetable garden on Portion 79 (required for proof of road existence prior to 1953).
- Survey plan of Portion 78 (my lease) when it was transferred to Veronica Thornton about 1945 or soon after (required for proof of road existence prior to 1953).
- Proof of a 'dedication' process of the Roads of Lord Howe Island - at the commencement of the Lord Howe Island Act in 1953, or gazettal.
- Registered plan Catalogue No: LH29-2909 of 30 November 1956 (Dallas Laundry, senior surveyor accessed this catalogue so I'm sure the Lord Howe Island Board will be able to do the same.
- The source where Stephen Wills obtained his information in the LHIB Ref L103 and PL335 letters to me if there are no documents to support this information held by the Lord Howe Island Board.
How to Access requested information:
Contact the LHIB Right to Information Officer: email@example.com