The Lord Howe Island Board (LHIB) is proposing to undertake the Lord Howe Island Rodent Eradication Project (REP) to eradicate introduced rats and mice from Lord Howe Island, NSW. The REP will require a Section 91 licence under the NSW Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 (the Act).
Under the requirements of Section 96(5) of the Act, the LHIB has published the Species Impact Statement (SIS).
The SIS and associated appendices can be viewed, without charge, online or at the following locations:
- Lord Howe Island Board Administrative Offices, Bowker Avenue, Lord Howe Island
- Lord Howe Island Museum, Lagoon Road, Lord Howe Island
- Office of Local Government, Level 9, 6-10 O’Connell St, Sydney
Interested persons and organisations are invited to comment in writing on the SIS by 5PM (AEDT time) Monday 20 March 2017.
Written submissions can be sent to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 02 6563 2127 Or
- Posted to: Lord Howe Island Board, PO Box 5, Lord Howe Island, NSW, 2898
Persons with special needs (i.e. for whom English is a second language or who have a vision impairment) may contact Andrew Walsh on (02) 6563 2066 for assistance in accessing the material.
Should you require any further information, please contact me Andrew Walsh on (02) 6563 2066.
ACTING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Date: 17 February 2017